- Waste Disposal
- Bulk Item Pick-Up
Bulk Item Pick-Up
The township's contract with the trash hauler, Rumke, includes bulk item pick-up at no additional cost to residents. Bulk items consist of anything too large to fit in a Rumpke issued 95 gallon cart. You may place up to three bulky items (furniture, appliances, mattresses and large toys) per week out for collection on your regular trash pick-up day. Contact Rumpke 24-hours in advance of your service day to schedule collection of bulky items at (800) 828-8171 or (937) 461-0004. All bundled items should be neatly stacked so the drivers can easily collect them and consider the safety of the drivers when preparing items. Upholstered items must be wrapped and sealed in plastic. Containment bags may be purchased for $7 per bag at the Harrison Township Government Center. Contact Harrison Township at (937) 890-5611 with questions regarding the containment bag.
Follow these guidelines when placing bulk items out for pickup.
Regular Trash Pick-up Day
- Carpet: Must be cut down to 4' lengths, rolled up, and securely tied in no more than 2' diameter rolls.
- Wood: Must be bundled no more than 2' diameter and 4' in length and securely tied. Hammer down any nails that are sticking up.
- Fencing: Should be rolled in bundles and tied the same as carpet.
- Metal Poles: Must be cut down to 4' in length and contained together.
- Glass/Mirrors: Use strong tape, place a few strips to hold glass intact in case it shatters. If there are pieces of glass, this should be boxed up for safe removal.
- Sinks/Bath Tubs: Porcelain or ceramic. No concrete tubs or sinks.
- Cabinets: If cabinets are large, break them down and bundle and stack them near the curb.
- Paint Cans: Empty or dried-up paint cans will be picked up.
- Miscellaneous items that contain gasoline or oil should have all the fluids drained from them before sitting out. Small household items should be placed in cans or bags.
- Grills: If gas, propane tanks must be removed. The hauler will not take propane tanks.
Items should be placed where the regular trash is picked up the evening before your pick-up day or no later than 6 a.m. the day of your pick-up day. (No earlier than two days prior to pick-up day).
Appliances Containing Refrigerants
- Please notify Rumpke 48 hours in advance of your service day if you require the collection of an item containing chlorofluorocarbons or CFCs (refrigerators, freezers, and/or air conditioners).
- Please remove doors from refrigerators and freezers for safety purposes.
- Items should be at the curb the evening before your pick-up, or no later than 6 a.m. the morning of. (No earlier than two days prior to pick-up day).
- Unacceptable items include tires, liquids, batteries, construction debris, auto parts, rocks, dirt and related items.