The Township’s contract with the trash hauler includes bulk item pick up at no additional cost to residents. However, there are requirements and limitations. Following are guidelines on what will be picked up, when, where pick up will take place and how it should be contained. Please remember to follow these guidelines when placing out your items and consider the safety of the drivers when preparing items. All bundled items should be neatly stacked so the drivers can easily collect.
You may place up to three (3) bulky items per week out for collection on your regular trash pick up day. Please contact Rumpke 24-hours in advance of your service day to schedule collection of bulky items at (800) 828-8171 or (937) 461-0004. Examples include: furniture, appliances, mattresses and large toys. Upholstered items must be wrapped and sealed in plastic. Containment bags may be purchased for $7 per bag at the Harrison Township Government Center. Please contact Harrison Township at (937) 890–5611 with questions regarding the containment bag.
Regular Trash Pick Up Day
- Carpet: Must be cut down to 4’ lengths, rolled up and securely tied in no more than 2’ diameter rolls.
- Wood: Must be bundled no more than 2’ diameter and 4’ in length and securely tied. Please hammer down any nails that are sticking up.
- Fencing: Should be rolled in bundles and tied the same as carpet.
- Metal Poles: Must be cut down to 4’ in length and contained together.
- Furniture: Upholstered items need to be wrapped and sealed n plastic.
- Glass/Mirrors: Use strong tape, place a few strips to hold glass intact in case it shatters. If there are pieces of glass, this should be boxed up for the safe removal.
- Sinks/Bath Tubs: Porcelain or ceramic. No concrete tubs or sinks.
- Cabinets: If cabinets are large, break them down, and bundle and stack near curb.
- Paint Cans: Empty or dried up paint cans will be picked up.
- Miscellaneous items that contain gasoline or oil should have all the fluids drained from them before sitting out. Small household items should be placed in cans or bags.
- Grills: If gas, propane tanks must be removed. Hauler will not take propane tanks.
Items should be placed where the regular trash is picked up the evening before your pick up day, or no later than 6:00 a.m. the day of your pick up day. (No earlier than two (2) days prior to pick up day).
Appliances Containing Refrigerants
- Please notify Rumpke 48 hours in advance of your service day if you require collection of an item containing chlorofluorocarbons or CFCs (refrigerators, freezers and / or air conditioners).
- Please remove doors from refrigerators and freezers for safety purposes.
- Items should be at the curb the evening before your pick up, or no later than 6:00 a.m. morning of. (No earlier than two (2) days prior to pick up day).
Unacceptable items include tires, liquids, batteries, construction debris, auto parts, rocks, dirt and related items.